Tuesday, April 21, 2009

MIssing Something

One of my final papers for SJ was about that feeling deep in the pit of your stomach that your missing something. And the ways people found fullfillment. It seems that most use religion as at least a distraction from feeling the void. Socialization, art, work, family, philosophy were other ways of filling in the void. What seems to be the commom thread is that you just have to have something that you believe in and keep striving for and keep grasping for it. And that when you stop doing that you sink into the black void of feelings of emptiness. Is that all life is? Finding purpose. Just living. Is there an "answer" to the constant seeking. Or is that just life, and what keeps up evolving, progressing, moving forward, succeeding, striving for better. Is it just nature's way for growing or is there really a divine secret.

Anyway, I miss people in my life. I've been lacking in human connection, I, myself, am to blame for a lot of that and am making attempts to get past the blockades, but feeling awkward and out of touch.

Clumsy attempts aside. I miss having that person in your life that you can share almost anything with.

No comments: