Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh the places I've been

I've been in the City of Roses for over a week now.  With no job and plenty of time on my hands I've been able to do a lot of exploring and discovering.  Through exploring I've already developed a couple of favorites, where the locals are starting to become familiar faces instead of colorfully and well dressed blurs.  So here goes a list of the places I've been to and enjoyed (in no particular order).  

1. Stumptown Coffee on 3rd and Pine-A very young hip coffee joint with amazing coffee they roast themselves -yum

2. Cameron's Books and Magazines - According to the signs the place has been around for over 100 years.  Its piled with older books and magazines in a wonderfully chaotic organization.  Good prices too

3. Cargo - A fun and colorful import store in the pearl district full of antique and imitation antique furniture and nick knacks

4. The Multnomah County Library - Just a beautiful library with an amazing staircase and the largest collections of children's books I've ever seen.

5. Waterfront Park - For a brief time of panic I was worried about living in a place without immediate access to the open wilderness and water, then I found this park and new I'd be okay. 

6. Powell's Books - Last but not least, the city of books that takes up an entire city block and still have books left over for a few other stores scattered around Portland.  

Also check out Guidance Counselor and New Bloods to Portland bands I'm liking a lot right now.  (Ian from Guidance Counselor works at Stumptown and is pretty funny)

That's about all I can think of for now.  There's so much, I can't imagine ever being able to see it all.  

Best wishes to all and hope life is treating you well. 

signing out as pc

Well that's all I can think of right now, but I know there is a buc


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

i'm definitely enjoying living vicariously.

PC said...

Says the super adventurous, organized individual. . . Thanks for the letter, it made my day.