Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Its been a long while since I've posted.  Here I could probably wax philosophical and ramble on about the inevitable ups and downs of life.  But lets just skip all that at say at times I was down and at others I was not.  But I'm here now and writing this post. 

We, my Sis and I, had a couple of interesting excursions.  One was a long drawn-out drive to pick up a u-haul truck then a love seat and sleeper couch a good deal more expansive then when anticipated from our mad craigslist using skills.  Lets just say we ended up in Clackamas (our second trip to the place, both times unintentional), Lake Oswego, and Tualatin before we made it home, which is in Goose Hollow or near 18th and Jefferson.  If you google it and see please don't laugh too hard and remember that we were paying for the u-haul by the miles.  (that's not even mentioning the tow hitch falling off and being flagged over on a bridge of a freeway).  But we have a couch, two for that matter. 

We also have a set of simple blue dishes that we acquired from Ikea for $24.89 (along with a headache brought on by the complex floor plan that  makes you walk past everything while advertising deals that turn out to be not so great upon closer inspection).  On which we had dinner at our apartment with my former english Professor, her significant other and one of their friends.  It was a nice day that ended with a stroll out to the vacant lot to the side of our building that is a lovely garden waiting to be unleashes for years of neglect and an overgrowth of ivy, but boast a rather plentiful garden space of herbs, tomatoes and very bright red peppers.  
The job search continues, but with the rising panic of having no current income and upcoming bills I applied for unemployment.  I must say doing so took a bit of stress and urgency out of the job search.  

Halloween is just around the corner.  I can't wait.  Fall is already hear. I've never seen leaves turn such colors.  I had a rather magical moment walking in Washington Park when the win blew the orange hued saucer sized leaves off of the branches of gloriously patterned limbs in such numbers and illuminated by a light from behind that it was the sun raining upon the earth. 

This place holds so much magic.  No wonder so many people flock here.  If only there were enough jobs for them all.  

1 comment:

The World At A Lost said...

I miss you!!!! I can't wait to visit next weekend! I am super afraid of my upcoming job search in an area that I never even seen before. I definitely wish you luck on yours!

By the Clackamas is where we went to dinner for my birthday! I LOVE ClaimJumpers. We should see about going there for happy hour on one of my visits, its so inexpensive and amazing!!!!

The way I was really amazed when I came back from DC to see all the various leaf colors in Ashland. I always thought that WA had fall, but this is spectacular!